Updated: Sep 9, 2018
In the F.ACNE reset by Dietitian Marika Day (featured in our 5 week program - REGISTER HERE); we suggest reducing your intake of ALL sugars (refined & unrefined). In saying this, we do know that there will be times where your cravings take over and it would be completely unreasonable to not provide you with a better alternative to refined sweets. It is important to note that Rice Malt Syrup, Honey and Coconut Sugar are all still types of sugar! Please ensure that you are still limiting your sweet treat intake (even if they are being labelled as “healthy alternatives”).
If you would like to learn more about sugar we will be releasing a special post about this topic in next week’s F List email (how to read labels at the supermarket & how sugar relates to acne). Make sure you have subscribed to THE F LIST to stay in the loop!
· 3/4 cup puffed buckwheat
· 1/2 cup cacao powder
· 1/2 cup organic sulphite free cranberries
· 2 cups NutiiBoost (or nuts of your choice)
· 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
· 3 tablespoons of rice malt syrup
· Cupcake cases
· Combine puffed buckwheat, NutiiBoost and Cranberries in a mixing bowl.
· Heat coconut oil and rice malt syrup in heatproof bowl over saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes (do not bring to a boil).
· Whisk cacao into warm coconut oil and rice malt syrup.
· Pour over dry ingredients and combine.
· Place two tbsp of mixture into each cupcake case and set in fridge for 20 minutes. Store in fridge.