This is one of my favourite recipes of all time! HOWEVER, it is quite time consuming which is why I am only posting it in the lead up to XMAS and the holiday period. If you LOVE cooking and have some spare time ...this is a great recipe to keep you occupied. If you wanted to create a QUICK version of this recipe, you can make one base and the coconut cream icing. I just made a cake stack for the photo because it looked pretty! As always, one slice at a time! All of these "healthy" recipes are still high in sugar and fat. Just because it's "RAW", doesn't mean you can eat the whole cake in one sitting. Enjoy Cystas!
You will need:
Non-stick cake tin with removable base or silicon cake mould
Base/Middle Layer (I did this in two lots as it didn’t all fit in my blender!)
• 4 Carrots
• 2 cups Coconut Flour
• 2 cups nuts of your choice
• 2 cups Dates
• 1 cup Dried Figs (soaked in hot water for a few mins)
• 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
• 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
• 2 tsp Cinnamon (or ginger)
Coconut Cream ICING layer:
• 1 can Coconut Cream (frozen for 3–4 hours)
• 1 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
• 1 tsp Vanilla Paste or Essence
• 2 1/2 cups of Desiccated Coconut (add until icing becomes thick and spreadable).
1. Combine 2 carrots, 1 cup coconut flour, 1 cup of NutiiBoost Daily Blend (or nuts of your choice), 1 cup dates, 1/2 cup of dried figs, coconut oil and vanilla paste in blender until smooth.
2. Press mixture into non-stick cake tin or mould and place in the freezer while you're making the coconut cream centre.
3. Remove top layer of frozen coconut cream from can and blend with the banana, vanilla paste, rice malt syrup and desiccated coconut until smooth. Pour over the top of bottom layer of cake and place back in the freezer for 3 hours, or until set.
4. Once coconut cream layer has set, repeat step one and press mixture into tin, on top of coconut cream later.
5. For the icing, remove top layer of frozen coconut cream from can and blend with rice malt syrup, vanilla paste and 2 1/2 cups of desiccated coconut (add more until icing becomes thick and spreadable).
6. Spread icing on top of cake and sprinkle with NutiiBoost Daily Blend (or nuts of your choice) and grated carrot.
7. Place back in freezer until you’re ready to serve (no longer than 2 hours).
8. Store in fridge! We also suggest letting the cake sit for 15–20 minutes before serving so the cake softens.